ScaleUp North Florida Program Details
ScaleUp America is a new initiative of the U.S. Small Business Administration. The University of North Florida was selected from more than 60 applicants to deliver ScaleUp services in the Jacksonville MSA. This program is one of only eight in the United States.
ScaleUp North Florida is a comprehensive program, which includes instructional training and one-on-one consultation and planning to help small business owners achieve their business growth goals. The program year includes:
- First, participants attend six (6) four-hour sessions of entrepreneurial training, plus two follow-on training webinars, held over a 16-week period with topics customized to the needs of Stage 1 companies that are ready to grow.
- Participants will have access to the instructors via Momentum Webinars for added support on each topic covered.
- After the initial training is completed, an in-depth business health assessment will be conducted to help determine the business’s needs. Then SMART goals will be developed with the business owner.
- Once goals are established, an action plan will be developed for each participant, and they will receive ongoing support, depending on their individual needs and growth goals.
- Referrals and introductions to management resources or business contacts
- Fast-pitch and/or meet-the-lender events for access to business capital providers
- Admittance to a CEO XChange for peer-to-peer guidance
- Creation of a dedicated advisory board
- Assistance with starting or building an exporting plan
- Assistance in becoming certified as a government contractor